An opportunity for real change
Although the process of change can sometimes be challenging it does provide a chance for you to reclaim greater control of your life. Working together in the counselling room, I can help you to safely grasp that opportunity.
- The first step is to arrange an informal meeting to discuss your needs and concerns. This also gives us an opportunity to talk and get to know each other. My consulting room is in Worting House which is set in attractive, relaxing surroundings on the outskirts of Basingstoke, with easy access and ample parking.
- Every client is unique but having met you and discussed your concerns I will be well positioned to suggest a course of action using different counselling techniques and strategies to suit you.
- Further sessions: It is important that you feel I am the right counsellor for you to work with as therapists can have very different approaches and styles. If you are comfortable with our first meeting we will then agree arrangements for further sessions.
- Supportive, practical and ethical are the keys to my practice. I am not a counsellor who will sit unmoving and silent with an impassive face. Counselling work is serious but I like to ensure the atmosphere is relaxed and as light hearted as possible, with room for some laughter. During our sessions it is not my place to tell you what to do. My role is to be alongside you, particularly at difficult times. To reflect, encourage, sometimes to challenge and always to support. That way you will feel comfortable in making your own decisions and finding your own direction.
- Change: Your life doesn't get better by chance, it gets better by change. In taking this step there needs to be a considerable amount of trust developed in the counselling room. I will always put your needs first as we talk. You will also be safe in the knowledge that as an experienced and accredited BACP counsellor, I will ensure that we will work at the pace and depth that is right for you.
You will have all the respect, encouragement and support that you deserve, making sure that you will be able to gain the most out of your time with me.